Outdoor Portrait Photography with Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM

Outdoor Portrait Photography

Last weekend I had a chance to take few photos using my new lens Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM. This photo was taken with this lens and I'm using it with Canon Rebel Xsi (450D). So far, I can say I'm quite pleased with this lens. The image quality, bokeh, color and contrast are amazing. Comparing with other lens that I've been using, it's a huge improvement. This is what we can expect from Canon L series lens. The auto focus is quite fast but not as fast as a prime lens. I think this lens is a must have for any serious photographer. The only drawback to this lens is that it's heavy. I wish it had an Image Stabilization. Every time I want to take a photo with this lens, I have to ensure that the shutter speed is fast enough to avoid a motion blur. 

Overall this is a great lens from Canon. It also can be a good general purpose lens. The focal length and a constant f/2.8 aperture is perfect. Highly recommended!

Comments

Popular Posts